LOCATED off Wedderspoon Hollow Rd NEAR COOPERSTOWN
In Fall 1938, with the tow motor from the "within the city limits" Fenimore Slope, a new type of ski operation was created off the ridge above Wedderspoon Hollow. With the creation of a trail network, this became New York's first "ski area". A 380 foot vertical drop was serviced by a tandem rope tow. In 1953, a Hall T-bar and another rope tow were added, more than doubling the existing terrain. This start-up offered skiing on weekends and during the holidays.
What the References Say:
View the topography
BACK TO OPERATIONS